From the photo gallery...
Map of Rangatira Island
- The front landing is at the northern end of the island, with the hut a short walk up the track.
- Most of the black robin work is carried out in Woolshed Bush with some robins living in the bush at Ikes, Island and Lower Summit.
- The rockpools for swimming in are located in Whalers Bay.
- The two summits are in the southwest.
- It is possible to walk around the rocky coastline from the front landing to Thinornis Bay
- The West Landing is a magical spot to watch the sun go down after a busy day in the field
- The main seal population is loacted in The Clears at the southern end of the island